Your Newsletter from RCFN
Providing the latest news about what's going on at RCFN.
First, another huge THANK YOU to all who have stuck with us during these crazy times. We appreciate each and every last one of you.
We are thrilled to finally announce an initial easing of quarantine restrictions at RCFN.
Starting Monday May 11th we can provide current RCFN members with outdoor training, in addition to what we are already offering (Zoom, @home-WODs, etc.)
Outdoor training will only be in the form of Open WOD supervised classes (instead of normal WOD classes), due to the strict requirements of COVID-19 prevention. Because we are not yet aware of space demands, we can unfortunately only open outdoor training on 11 May to CURRENT RCFN members. We look forward to welcoming back RCFN members who terminated their membership during the quarantine, starting on 18 May 2020.
This is a first, tentative, but very exciting step out of quarantine. PLEASE thoroughly read the rules and information from Drake below, and ensure your adherence. Let us know if you have any questions!
We are really looking forward to seeing you again.
Supervised Outdoor Training Rules at RCFN
- We are only allowed to have 5 people training at a time with a minimum distance of 1.5meters between each person. We have set up spaces outside that measure 4.3m wide by 5m deep. Only one person is allowed in a space at any time.
- Time slots are allocated in MindBody, and you MUST sign up for a slot. Each slot allows for the following: 5 minutes to gather equipment you want to use; 45 minutes of workout time (NO EXCEPTIONs); and 10 minutes to clean equipment and put it back inside
- You may only sign up for one spot at a time, and you will not be allowed to complete “just one more set” when your time is over. We must stick to the schedule to make it fair.
- If nobody is signed up for the 45-minute slot following yours, then you may train again, but you will be required to clean your equipment, put it away and then sign back in.
- Everyone will enter through the side door leading into the Olympic Lifting Room, where body temperature will be taken. If your body temperature is above 37,5 you will not be allowed to train. Once you enter the large fitness area, you will gather all your desired equipment and take it to your designated workout area.
- The following equipment will be available for use: Concept 2 Rower, Concept 2 Ski Erg, Rogue Echo Bike, Yoke with J-hooks, Rings, flat bench, D-Balls, Barbell w/bumpers (weights must be lifted on mats), collars, & Plyo Box
- All equipment MUST be sanitized and put away during the 10 minute "put your shit away" period
- Training will be cancelled if it rains
- No locker rooms/showers will be available -- only the small single toilets. There is no use of the front area allowed!
- Any time you are outside of your designated training space, you must wear a mask
- The first three spots filled will ALWAYS be the ones against the fence, as traffic can still pass when they are used. If (and only if) we have 4 or 5 people training, we will use the spots against the wall.
- Hand Sanitizer will be used whenever entering the facility
- Nobody is allowed to “Hang out” and watch. Once your training is complete, you must leave (Sorry I know it sucks)
- Coaches are available to assist with selecting a WOD, but you should come mostly prepared so you don’t waste your 45-minute training period.
- If you want to work out with any KBs/DBs/AbMats or other things we loaned out, please bring them with you!!
- There will be no chalk available due to sanitation reasons. if you want to use chalk, you must bring your own.
Daily WODs will continue to be posted at 1800, and coaches will be available to assist with scaling options.
Did you know CrossFit has an Email Of the Day (EOD)?!
You didn't? Then go to crossfit.com scroll all the way down to the text entry, and subscribe.
Why? Because you then will receive a daily Mail directly from CrossFit with the current WOD of the Mainsite alongside with great information about health, nutrition, tips and tricks for WODs and a lot more! Give it a try.
More in RCFN Archive
Newsletter: 2 October 2019
The CrossFit Open is just around the Corner. Lift Big/ Eat Big Fest at RCFN this Halloween. Upcoming Closed Business Days. Are you getting CrossFit's Email Of the Day??....and MORE news from RCFNWeiterlesen
Newsletter: 6 November 2019
Opening Hours during Christmas/New Year's eve (our "Holiday Schedule"). Also, pictures from the Pig Roast on 1 November 2019Weiterlesen
Newsletter: 16 January 2020
Deadlift every Thursday! ROMWOD is back! ...and some closed business days. The latest news from RCFN.Weiterlesen
Newsletter: 14 March 2020
Some information on measures we are taking to help safeguard against Coronavirus at RCFN. We want to let you know we are doing everything within our power to insure your continued health! Additionally, we've developed some contingency plans in the…Weiterlesen
Newsletter: 16 March 2020
Yup, we are now forced to close our doors. BUT we will continue to provide workouts and other perks online for all Members willing/able to stick with us. Here's an update on the current situation at RCFN.Weiterlesen
Newsletter: 4 June 2020
Starting on Monday June 8th we can provide you with indoor Training again. So yes, that means our normal taught classes are back (check the schedule to see when we have WODs and Open Gym). Here's the latest news from RCFN!Weiterlesen